Sunday, July 21, 2013

What is "Normal?"

So, I'd been seeing a guy.  He WAS lettered "A" because he was definitely my first choice.  But then he started doing the disappearing act.  It was pretty much a done deal the weekend he decided to go see Star Trek with his buddies instead of with me, as we had planned.  And had the nerve to ask me to wait to see it with him again when I told him I was going to see it by myself.  Conversation came to a full stop about a week ago, when I asked how his weekend was and go no response.

Well, today Mr. "Stand Me Up For Star Trek" texted me while I was at the movies with my minions.  His parents are in town visiting and he wants me to have lunch with them.  Oh, okay.

Wait, what?

Granted, I'm new to this whole single girl thing.  I'm not used to dating in the age of texting, Facebooking, etc.  So I really have no idea what normal is for communication between two people who are "dating exclusively" but not "in a relationship."

(Side note: WTF does any of this even mean anymore?!)

Am I crazy for thinking he's crazy for thinking we're still a "thing," even though I've had more contact with my dentist over the past few weeks?  When you're in a "thing" with someone, how much contact is normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment